Former Iraqi Deputy PM Tariq Aziz Dies
Tariq Aziz, Iraq's former deputy prime minister and foreign minister, died Friday after suffering a heart attack.
Aziz, 79, was Iraq's foreign minister between 1983 and 1991 and deputy prime minister between 1979 and 2003.
He was sentenced to death by the Iraqi Supreme Court in October 2010 for the persecution of religious parties under the former government but the sentence was never executed, according to reports of the BBC News.
Aziz surrendered to US troops in 2003 shortly after the fall of Baghdad and had been a prisoner since.
- » Swedish DJ Avicii Dies Aged 28
- » US First Lady Barbara Bush Dies at Age 92
- » Milos Forman Two-Time Oscar Winning Directo Dead At 86
- » Winnie Mandela, South African Anti-apartheid Crusader, Dies at 81
- » France to Pay National Tribute to Officer Killed in Friday Hostage Crisis
- » Stephen Hawking, Renowned Scientist, Dies at 76