H2Obicham Campaign Raises Awareness of Dangers of Dehydration
More than 5,000 cars in the center of Sofia received more information, advice and facts regarding the dangers of dehydration while on the road.
The action has been organized as a part of the campaign H2Obicham, supported by the Union of Bulgarian Drivers (UBD). An attractive flash mob followed in the center of town, where the audience had the chance to get acquainted with the importance of hydration and received a free bottle of water.
According to the information provided by the Bulgarian Interior Ministry, the largest number of road accidents with fatal end have happened in the warm months of the year. Furthermore, people who passed away or were severely injured were mostly aged between 25 and 64.
''Proper hydration is one of the factors for good concentration, especially during the summer season,'' said the Chair of the UBD. ''We therefore call upon all drivers to pay serious attention to whether they consume enough water, while they are behind the wheel.''
According to scientists, even light dehydration (1-2%) can cause symptoms like headache, general tiredness, and lack of concentration.
H2Obicham is joined initiative of the Union ''I Love Water'', Faculty of Public Health to the Medical University in Sofia and Devin AD.
More information on the project can be accessed here.
- » People Who Live in Small Towns Are Happier
- » You Will Live Longer If You Sleep More on Saturdays and Sundays
- » People are More Productive When Weather Is Bad
- » Every Fourth Bulgarian Reads a Book every day. Every third - never
- » Student Donated more than 3000 Books to Community Centers and Homes for Adults
- » Scientists have Revealed why Birds have no Teeth