Yordan Bakalov to Head Bulgaria’s Defense Information Service
Yordan Bakalov, former MP of the right-wing Union of Democratic Forces and former caretaker Interior Minister, will be appointed head of the Defense Information Service unit, according to Defense Minister Nikolay Nenchev.
During a visit to Mongolia Nenchev told journalists that Bakalov’s nomination would be approved by the government next week, according to reports of Sega daily.
The former head of the Defense Information Service unit of the Defense Ministry, Veselin Ivanov, was dismissed in March. Ever since, there have been reports that Bakalov is his most likely successor.
Bulgaria’s government is to approve the new rules of procedure of the Defense Ministry on Wednesday.
Under the provisions, the total headcount of the Defense Information Service will be downsized by 150.
Nenchev assured that no people would be dismissed as the job slots were vacant.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend