Landslides Hamper Access to Bulgarian Resort in Rhodope Mountains
The Bulgarian municipality of Peshtera declared on Tuesday a partial state of emergency due to landslides, which are hampering the access to the resort Saint Constantine in the Rhodope mountains.
Three landslides have become active, which necessitated the one-month closure of roads from the town of Peshtera and the village of Debrashtina to the resort, daily Dnevnik reports.
The only remaining access to the resort of Saint Constantine (Sveti Konstantin) is through the road Peshtera-Batak-Danoto locality.
The mayor of Peshtera municipality Georgi Kozarev explained that the last landslide occurred in an area, which was around fifteen kilometres away from Peshtera.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny in Bulgaria, Day Temperatures Rising to 12°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: New Week Brings along Sunny Days, Temperatures Typical for Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clear and Cold, Temperatures Between 8-15 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clouds and Rain Today
- » Bulgaria: 2.7 Magnitute Earthquake Registered in Blagoevgrad Region
- » Strong 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Northern Macedonia