Boat Carrying Dozens of Migrants Sinks Off Sicily
Dozens of migrants have drowned after a new incident with a boat in the Mediterranean, an aid group has said.
The vessels carrying tens of people sunk south of Sicily, and a ship collected some survivors to carry them to the city of Catania, the BBC reports citing the Save the Children organization.
Italian coast guard officials are yet to confirm.
This follows the tragic developments of end-April when hundreds of migrants lost their lives after a boat capsized off Libya, leading to the deadliest incident in the Mediterranean on record.
Tens of migrants have also lost their lives in the last few days while trying to make it to Italy by crossing the Mediterranean, though others have been rescued.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 347 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Scholz claims Western Weapons will Not Hit Russia
- » Britain Bans Migrants from Appealing Deportation
- » US shoots down Chinese Balloon, Beijing claims this Violates International Practices
- » Day 346 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Zelensky thinks Negotiations for EU can begin This Year, Germany has Evidence of War Crimes
- » Blinken Postponed his Visit to Beijing because of the Chinese Balloon
- » Initial Data after the Introduction of the Euro in Croatia: Inflation is Slowing Down