Nepal Damages Grow to USD 5 B
Economic losses following the Nepal earthquake could reach USD 5 B, as reported by the CNN.
Analysts have made the estimation and have been quoted as saying it will represent close to 209% of the gross domestic product of the country.
The severe damages that Nepal has suffered since the earthquake of magnitude 7,8 on Richter's scale have largely been blamed on the poor quality of construction in the country.
According to the latest available information, victims of the accident have now surpassed 3,600 people, as reported by the BBC.
Rescue works continue, as the international community has actively been providing financial assistance and rescue team support.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Thousands of Dead after Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria (OVERVIEW)
- » European Commission: The Imposition of Additional Conditions for Schengen on Bulgaria is Unfair
- » New 7.5 Earthquake in Turkey
- » Russia Closed the only Road to Georgia
- » Day 348 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Putin Promised Former Israeli PM to Not Kill Zelensky
- » World Leaders expressed Sympathy and Willingness to Help after the Earthquake in Turkey