EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
The project of the Kardzhali municipality ''Perperikon - past for the future'' received a funding approval Thursday.
Kardzhali mayor Hasan Azis signed a EU-grant contract valued at EUR 748 203, as announced by the municipality's Press Office. The grant is provided through the financial mechanism of the European Economic Area in the field of restoration, renovation and protection of the cultural heritage of the region.
The project entails activities set to continue the preservation and social inclusion of the archaeological complex in the Bulgarian tourist map. A portion of the ancient complex will be restored, conserved and exported from the site located near the south-western part of the Acropol.
Planned activities are set to last approximately 13 months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » President Radev Received the Honor Guard for the 113th Anniversary of Bulgaria's Independence
- » Bulgarians Commemorate 100 Years Since the Death of the Patriarch of Bulgarian Literature
- » In Memoriam:French Film Star Jean-Paul Belmondo Passed away Aged 88
- » Bulgaria Celebrates Unification Day
- » Bulgarians Commemorate 144th Anniversary of the Shipka Epic
- » More Than 3,000 People Have Visited Opera of the Peaks This Year