Russian Navy Ship Evacuates 308 People from Yemen
Russian Navy vessel Priazovye has helped to evacuate 308 people, including a Bulgarian national, from Yemen.
According to reports of Russia’s Defense Ministry, as cited by TASS, citizens from 19 countries were rescued, including 45 Russians, 18 US citizens, 5 people from the UK, 1 Bulgarian, 6 Estonians, 14 Ukrainians, 9 citizens of Belarus, 3 Turkmen nationals, 8 people from Uzbekistan, 5 people from Azerbaijan, 1 from Bahrain, 5 from Djibouti, 159 from Yemen, 1 from Somalia, 3 from Palestine, 13 from Jordan, 9 from Cuba, 2 from Egypt, and 1 from Saudi Arabia.
Igor Konashenkov, a Defense Ministry spokesman, announced on Sunday that all of those evacuated were safe onboard the Russian vessel, which was to take them to Djibouti.
He also made clear that the Russian warship had been based in the Gulf of Aden to assist anti-piracy missions before being sent to Yemen to aid the evacuation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Greece: Mandatory Masks in Closed Public Places Temporary Abolished
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse