Sarnitsa Municipality in SW Bulgaria Holds 1st Local Elections
The southwestern Bulgarian municipality of Sarnitsa is holding its first local elections.
The early local elections are organized due to the establishment of Sarnitsa as a separate municipality.
Voter turnout on Sunday morning was still low, according to reports of the Bulgarian National Radio.
There are four candidates for the post of Mayor of Sarnitsa, with a total of 4256 people entitled to vote at five polling stations, including three in the town of Sarnitsa, one in the village of Pobit Kamak, and one in the village of Medeni Polyani.
For the first time in Bulgaria, municipal councilors will be elected by preferential voting.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend