Georgi Kostov Appointed as New Interior Ministry Chief Secretary
Georgi Kostov has been appointed as new Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry, the President’s press office announced on Wednesday.
President Rosen Plevneliev has signed a decree accepting the resignation of Svetlozar Lazarov and appointing Kostov to the top post, the press office said in a statement.
Kostov was nominated for Chief Secretary by the cabinet earlier on Wednesday
The Chief Secretary is the professional in charge of day-to-day running of the Interior Ministry and works closely with the Interior Minister who provides political guidance.
Also on Wednesday, Parliament approved Deputy PM Rumyana Bachvarova as Bulgaria’s new Interior Minister, replacing Veselin Vuchkov who resigned last week.
By another decree President Plevneliev dismissed the chief of domestic security service DANS Vladimir Pisanchev who has also resigned.
DANS deputy director Nedyalko Nedyalkov will fulfil Pisanchev’s duties until a new head of the agency is appointed, the government has decided.
Deputy Interior Minister Tsvyatko Georgiev is one of the most likely successors to Pisanchev, Trud daily said on Monday.
- » New Camel at the Sofia Zoo
- » Fire Rescue Operation Training was Carried out in Burgas Port
- » At 13 Hours and 7 Minutes Today in Bulgaria will be Astronomical Summer
- » The Green Parking Zone in Sofia will be Expanded from November 1
- » A Sharp Slowdown in Wage Growth in Bulgaria
- » Sofia Municipality Stops the Movement of Tram №7 on Bulgaria Blvd.