Georgi Kostov Appointed as New Interior Ministry Chief Secretary
Georgi Kostov has been appointed as new Chief Secretary of the Interior Ministry, the President’s press office announced on Wednesday.
President Rosen Plevneliev has signed a decree accepting the resignation of Svetlozar Lazarov and appointing Kostov to the top post, the press office said in a statement.
Kostov was nominated for Chief Secretary by the cabinet earlier on Wednesday
The Chief Secretary is the professional in charge of day-to-day running of the Interior Ministry and works closely with the Interior Minister who provides political guidance.
Also on Wednesday, Parliament approved Deputy PM Rumyana Bachvarova as Bulgaria’s new Interior Minister, replacing Veselin Vuchkov who resigned last week.
By another decree President Plevneliev dismissed the chief of domestic security service DANS Vladimir Pisanchev who has also resigned.
DANS deputy director Nedyalko Nedyalkov will fulfil Pisanchev’s duties until a new head of the agency is appointed, the government has decided.
Deputy Interior Minister Tsvyatko Georgiev is one of the most likely successors to Pisanchev, Trud daily said on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly
- » President Rumen Radev Has Returned the Proposal to Appoint Ivan Geshev as Prosecutor General