Bulgaria Grabs Two Medals at European Athletics Championship
Bulgaria won two medals at the European Athletics Indoor Championships, which was held at the O2 Arena in Prague between March 5 and 8.
Radoslava Mavrodieva grabbed bronze at the shot put on Saturday, while Gabriela Petrova won silver at the triple jump on Sunday.
Mavrodieva achieved 17.83 metres in her second attempt, recording the best performance in her career to date.
Petrova jumped 14.52 metres in her final sixth attempt, remaining 3 centimetres short of her best performance to date.
The two female athletes were the only Bulgarian representatives to win any medals and the country occupied the 20th position in the final ranking.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » European Taekwondo Championship 2021 to Be Held in Sofia
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Beats Pele in All-Time Scoring Record
- » Bulgaria: Tsvetana Pironkova is Athlete of 2020
- » Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Player of the Century at Globe Soccer Gala
- » Cristiano Ronaldo and Lewandowski Will Speak at Dubai International Sports Conference
- » Messi Breaks Pele Scoring Record