Former Greek FinMin Faces Falsification Charges over Lagarde List
Giorgos Papakonstantinou, a former Greek finance minister in the George Papandreou government between October 2009 and June 2011 has appeared in court in Athens Wednesday.
He has been accused of large scale fraud, connected to the so called Lagarde List, as announced by the Greek Reporter. Papakonstantinou had been accused of deleting the names of his family members (cousin Eleni Papakonstantinou, her husband Simeon Sikiaridis and Andreas Rossonis) from the list of more than 2,000 people with cash deposits in the Geneva branch of HSBC.
The Lagarde List contained tax evaders that had not paid the taxes due for their accounts.
The inter-state criminal scheme was revealed earlier in February and a list of prominent account holders was disclosed.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Montenegro has the Cheapest Fuel in the Balkans
- » EU might Stop Membership Talks with Serbia
- » Kosovo PM: Conflict with Serbia is a Possibility
- » Injured Police Officers and Detainees at EuroPride in Serbia
- » North Macedonia’s President: Only Macedonians with Low Self-Esteem are Afraid of "Bulgarianization"
- » Macedonian Foreign Minister: Negotiations with Bulgaria Ended with 3:1 for North Macedonia