Privatization Procedure for Freight Unit of Bulgarian State Railways Relaunched
Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski has submitted a proposal for the privatization of the freight unit of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) company to the Privatization and Post-Privatization Control Agency.
The procedure was stopped by the socialist-led government of Plamen Oresharski.
Then-Transport Minister Danail Papazov announced that the privatization of BDZ Freight Services would be stopped, without going into details about the reasons behind the decision, according to reports of Pressa daily.
A number of other privatization procedures were stopped in 2014, including the ones for the state-owned Domestic Diplomatic Properties Agency (ADIS), the Bulgarian Stock Exchange, and the Central Depository.
As a result of these decisions, there were next to no revenues from privatization, against a target of BGN 308 M.
- » France and Germany with a Joint Project for the Production of Batteries for Next-Generation Electric Vehicles
- » Ryanair to Lay Off nearly 700 Employees while the Company's Boss Could Get $ 111 Million Bonus
- » Cybersecurity in China is a Business Worth $ 8.9 billion
- » Wizz Air is the Best Low Cost Airline of the Year According to the European Aviation Awards
- » On Independence Day: BDZ Launches Retro Train
- » Bulgaria Is among the Countries Which Attracted Most Funds under the Juncker Investment Plan