Privatization Procedure for Freight Unit of Bulgarian State Railways Relaunched
Transport Minister Ivaylo Moskovski has submitted a proposal for the privatization of the freight unit of the Bulgarian State Railways (BDZ) company to the Privatization and Post-Privatization Control Agency.
The procedure was stopped by the socialist-led government of Plamen Oresharski.
Then-Transport Minister Danail Papazov announced that the privatization of BDZ Freight Services would be stopped, without going into details about the reasons behind the decision, according to reports of Pressa daily.
A number of other privatization procedures were stopped in 2014, including the ones for the state-owned Domestic Diplomatic Properties Agency (ADIS), the Bulgarian Stock Exchange, and the Central Depository.
As a result of these decisions, there were next to no revenues from privatization, against a target of BGN 308 M.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Eurostat: Annual Inflation Down to 0.1% in Euro Area
- » The Arrest of CNN-Reporters is Strictly Against the Law
- » Dangerous Minneapolis Riots do not Calm Down
- » Bulgarians Amongs the Citizens with the Biggest Financial Lost amid Pandemic
- » Bulgaria’s Business Proposes a Package of 54 additional Anti-crisis Measures
- » Fast Train Varna-Sofia Derails, No Passenger Injured