Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
The Interior Ministry officially confirmed on Friday that the blast at a Bulgarian ammo factory had claimed one life and had left three wounded.
The explosion occurred on the outskirts of Maglizh, a village which is some 200 km east of Sofia.
Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov told Darik Radio that police had sealed off the area around the plant, which is specialized in producing fireworks and hunting ammunition.
The man who died was aged about 50, Lazarov explained, adding the injured were two women who had suffered burns and a man with a physical trauma.
A company called Vertex owns the factory.
Later on Wednesday General Labor Inspectorate at the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy also commented on the incident, stating anumber of violations had been found out at the plant during the inspections conducted in October and November. Most of them involved working conditions and risk assessment failure.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Passengers Wait over 6 hours for a Wizz Air Flight to Valencia at Sofia Airport
- » Bulgaria: 18-year-old on Amphetamines killed 22-year-old Student in Car Crash
- » Bulgaria: Taxi carrying Illegal Migrants from Syria Crashed in Sofia
- » Car Accidents with Casualties all over Bulgaria Today
- » Bulgaria: Car Crash on the Ring Road in Sofia, One Person confirmed Dead
- » Bulgarian Border Guards rescued 38 Refugees in the Black Sea, including a Baby