Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
The Interior Ministry officially confirmed on Friday that the blast at a Bulgarian ammo factory had claimed one life and had left three wounded.
The explosion occurred on the outskirts of Maglizh, a village which is some 200 km east of Sofia.
Interior Ministry Chief Secretary Svetlozar Lazarov told Darik Radio that police had sealed off the area around the plant, which is specialized in producing fireworks and hunting ammunition.
The man who died was aged about 50, Lazarov explained, adding the injured were two women who had suffered burns and a man with a physical trauma.
A company called Vertex owns the factory.
Later on Wednesday General Labor Inspectorate at the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy also commented on the incident, stating anumber of violations had been found out at the plant during the inspections conducted in October and November. Most of them involved working conditions and risk assessment failure.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Series of Strong Earthquakes in Greece, Panic in North Macedonia
- » Bulgarian Buses Blocked for Hours on the Serbian-Hungarian Border
- » The 150 Bulgarians who were Blocked at Frankfurt Airport have returned Home
- » More than 150 Bulgarians are Stranded at Frankfurt airport
- » Dangerous Trend in Bulgaria: 100 victims from Road Accidents - more than in 2020
- » The Story of a 36-day Piece of News through the Eyes of Reporters - the Saga "Vera Su"