7 Bulgarian Nationals, 1 Czech Citizen Detained in Drug Bust
8 people have been detained for the unlawful production and distribution of drugs in a joint operation of Bulgaria’s State Agency for National Security (DANS) and the Czech authorities.
As a result of joint steps of DANS and the National anti-drugs unit of the Police of the Czech Republic, a police operation targeting the unlawful production and distribution of drugs was conducted in the city of Ostrava on November 27.
Eight Bulgarian citizens and one Polish national were detained, according to a media statement of DANS.
The Bulgarian nationals have criminal records and there is data indicating their participation in the organization of offenses of this type.
As a result of the operation, around 32 kilograms of medications containing precursors were seized, carrying the logos "Cirrus" and "Sudafed", as well as 40 grams of final product, methamphetamine.
After the latest operation, the total amount of precursor-containing medications seized in several police operations in the course of a year reaches around 400 kilograms. The precursor-containing medications were smuggled by a crime group from Turkey to the Czech Republic.
The suspects have been detained in the Czech Republic and face charges of unlawful production, distribution, and smuggling of psychotropic substances.
Czech legislation stipulates a penalty of 10-18 years of imprisonment for this type of criminal activity.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Two Bulgarians are among those detained in a Drug Cartel broken up by Europol
- » Bulgaria: The Husband of the Murdered 28-year-old Mother of Two Children faces 20 Years in Prison
- » Bulgaria: Young Mother of Two was found Dead – Husband has been Arrested
- » Bulgaria: 12 Immigrants from Syria were Detained in Sofia in a Car with Serbian Registration
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: Migrant Traffickers Fly at 200 km/h – Our Police Cars can’t Catch them!
- » Greece detained Bulgarians for defrauding Elderly People for over 260,000 euros