Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
Ivaylo Petev will be the new coach of Bulgaria's men national football team.
The executive committee of the Bulgarian Football Union (BFS) is to hold a meeting next week at which the choice of Petev will be confirmed, electronic daily Dnevnik reports.
The former coach of Ludogorets and the President of BFS Borislav Mikhailov have already discussed the details of the contract.
It is most likely that Petev's contract will last until the end of the qualifying round for EURO 2016, with an option for extension in case of positive results.
Recently, Petev admitted that he had a conversation with Mikhailov.
The former coach of Ludogorets assured that he is not to allow to be pressured from members of the executive committee of BFS.
Ivaylo Petev is to succeed former coach Lyuboslav Penev, who was dismissed due to the poor performance of the team.
Penev left the position with a scandal and harsh accusations towards part of the leadership of BFS.
Petev has been preferred over the other candidate for the position Stoycho Stoev, also former coach of Ludogorets.
Ivaylo Petev coached Ludogorets from 2010 to 2013, overseeing the promotion of the team to the Bulgarian Football A Group and the winning of two consecutive A Group titles.
During the 2013-2014 season he coached the runners-up in the Cypriot First Division AEL Limassol.
Bulgaria's men national football team currently occupies fourth place in Group H of the EURO 2016 qualifiers having earned only four points.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Dropped Out of the Australian Open after a Tough Game
- » Grigor Dimitrov Received a Marriage Proposal after his Big Win at the Australian Open
- » Georgi Yanev, Alexander Alexandrov and Anelia Dukova Winners of the ISCT 2020 Squash Tournament
- » Official: Kubrat Pulev will Fight Anthony Joshua
- » Grigor Dimitrov to Play in Bulgaria at the Sofia Open 2020
- » Vladimir Iliev is the Athlete of the Year