Ivaylo Petev 'to Become' Coach of Bulgaria's Men National Football Team
Ivaylo Petev will be the new coach of Bulgaria's men national football team.
The executive committee of the Bulgarian Football Union (BFS) is to hold a meeting next week at which the choice of Petev will be confirmed, electronic daily Dnevnik reports.
The former coach of Ludogorets and the President of BFS Borislav Mikhailov have already discussed the details of the contract.
It is most likely that Petev's contract will last until the end of the qualifying round for EURO 2016, with an option for extension in case of positive results.
Recently, Petev admitted that he had a conversation with Mikhailov.
The former coach of Ludogorets assured that he is not to allow to be pressured from members of the executive committee of BFS.
Ivaylo Petev is to succeed former coach Lyuboslav Penev, who was dismissed due to the poor performance of the team.
Penev left the position with a scandal and harsh accusations towards part of the leadership of BFS.
Petev has been preferred over the other candidate for the position Stoycho Stoev, also former coach of Ludogorets.
Ivaylo Petev coached Ludogorets from 2010 to 2013, overseeing the promotion of the team to the Bulgarian Football A Group and the winning of two consecutive A Group titles.
During the 2013-2014 season he coached the runners-up in the Cypriot First Division AEL Limassol.
Bulgaria's men national football team currently occupies fourth place in Group H of the EURO 2016 qualifiers having earned only four points.
- » Bulgarian Katrin Taseva with Gold and Bronze of Grand Prix in Ukraine
- » Bulgarian Daniel Asenov is European Boxing Champion for the Sixth Time
- » WORLD CHAMPION! Petar Stoychev is the Fastest in the World in Swimming in Icy Waters!
- » Petar Stoychev - 200 m Swimming Below Zero
- » Grigor Dimitrov is Ready to Return for the Masters Game in Miami
- » For the First time, Bulgarian Became the World Vice Champion in the Biathlon