3 Bulgarians Arrested in Cyprus over Suspected Assassination Plots
Three Bulgarian nationals have been arrested in Cyprus on suspicion of coming to the island to carry out assassinations.
They were arrested Saturday evening on a tip-off of an owner of a summer house in Paphos, who had complained earlier the same day that the men had been in his home without his permission.
Suspected assassination targets told the police that the Bulgarians had been hired by a British national with whom they had had money disputes, according to reports of the Cyprus Mail, as cited by the Bulgarian National Radio.
The local authorities have issued an arrest warrant for the man believed to have ordered the contract killings, who is hiding.
The three Bulgarians have been remanded in custody, facing charges of attempted murder.
The three men are believed to have been part of a crime ring functioning outside Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: A Driver was Detained after a Spectacular Chase with the Police in Sofia
- » Murder in Sofia: A Man Died from Multiple Stab Wounds, his Son was Detained
- » Bulgaria: Authorities Detained a Police Officer while On Duty with more than 1.6 Promille of Alcohol
- » Specialized Police Operation in the Bulgarian Village of Sindel after the Rape of a 73-year-old Woman
- » A 73-year-old Woman was Raped in a Bulgarian Village
- » 30 Days in Detention for the Attacker of Bulgarian Hristiyan Pendikov in North Macedonia