Bulgaria's National Tourism Council Demands Separate Ministry
Representatives of the most influential associations, members of Bulgaria's National Tourism Council have once again agreed on the need to establish a separate Tourism Ministry.
"We would like it to be in the quota of the largest political force, if a coalition government is formed," a letter from the tourism industry addressed to GERB's leader Boyko Borisov said, as quoted by BGNES news agency.
The industry insists that the Minister of Tourism should be a person who does not have corporate interests, and is educated, energetic, and reasonable. Bulgaria should be promoted as a year-round tourist destination, working closely with industry organizations.
The deputy ministers must be professionally trained and competent experts with specific experience in the tourism industry, avoiding the tourism management methods implemented in the last 15 months and backed by professional organizations registered in the National Tourism Register.
The tourist industry will not support deputy ministers from the Oresharski and Bliznashki cabinets in the future management of the tourism administration, the letter said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Sofia Airport Recorded a Decline of 3.8 Million Passengers compared to Pre-COVID levels
- » Number of Israeli Tourists who want to Visit Bulgaria is Increasing
- » The Regime for Entry into Bulgaria of Citizens of some Countries is Changing
- » Bulgarian hoteliers: The winter season will end if the entry of foreign citizens is banned
- » Sofia Airport has served 3.3 million passengers in 2021
- » Direct flights from Bulgaria to the Seychelles will start in January 2022