Court Issues Life Sentence for Ghastly Murder in Sofia Park
Nikolay Rusinov has been sentenced to life imprisonment for the murder of 28-year-old Yana Krasteva in Sofia in 2011.
The sentence was issued by the Sofia City Court on Monday.
The prosecuting authority had demanded a penalty of life imprisonment due to the brutality of the murder, according to reports of the BGNES news agency.
The body of 28-year-old Yana Krasteva was found in the central Borisova Gradina park in downtown Sofia on July 10 2011.
She had been bludgeoned and strangled to death after a rock concert at the Bulgarian Army Stadium on the previous night.
The trial against Rusinov started on January 31, 2013.
He has been in custody since his arrest in end-April 2012.
According to the prosecuting authority, Rusinov killed the woman intentionally with the help of unknown accomplices.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Massive Special Police Operation in Sofia (UPDATED)
- » Representative of Bulgaria’s Ministry of the Interior will be allowed by South Africa to the Investigation into “Karo’s” Murder
- » Europol: 28 Arrested for Smuggling Migrants via Bulgaria and Romania
- » A Security Expert pointed out that Kamenov's Murder was Not Typical of the Bulgarian Crime World
- » Wanted by Interpol Bulgarian Krasimir Kamenov-Karo was Murdered in South Africa
- » Bulgaria: Illegal Migrants are detained near Vladaya after a Chase with the Police