Varna Hospital To Transplant Stem Cells For Leukaemia Treatment
By the end of the year the University Hospital St. Marina in Varna will start transplants of hematopoietic stem cells as part of the treatment of some types of leukaemia, said the donors coordinator of the hospital Vilian Platikanov, quoted by the BNR public broadcaster.
According to Platikanov, the hospital won a project under the EU Development of the Competitiveness of the Bulgarian Economy 2007-2013 programme worth several million leva, which allowed it to purchase all necessary equipment and consumables.
The laboratory will also be used for training of students and medics.
- » Bulgaria to Finish Building Fence on Romanian Border Next Week
- » Increase in Palm Oil Consumption in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's EUR 24.9 Million Ambulance Supply Tender Attracts Seven Bids
- » Ministry of Health to Open Bids for Delivery of 400 Emergency Ambulances
- » Bulgarian Food Safety Agency Lifts Ban on Poultry Markets
- » Rise in Incidence of Lyme Disease, Marseilles Fever, Dysentery and Salmonella in Bulgaria