Sofia Hosts Spectacular Bulgarian Air Force Show
An impressive air show marked the the 102nd anniversary of Bulgaria’s Air Force at Sofia Vrazhdebna airport on Saturday.
A culmination of the event that attracted thousands of visitors was Pugachev's Cobra manoeuvre performed by a MiG 29 jet fighter.
The spectacular and demanding manoeuvre was publicly performed for the first time in Bulgaria by a Bulgarian pilot. In it a plane flying at a moderate speed suddenly raises its nose to the vertical position and slightly beyond, before dropping it back to normal flight.
A pair of Mig 29s chased each other in simulated dogfights, MiG 21 fighters showed manoeuvres used in providing air cover to airports against attacking enemy planes, while Su 25 jets simulated attacks against ground targets.
A Mi 17 helicopter showed its capabilities for fire-fighting and rescue operations.
Bell 206 helicopters hovered low in circles in a sort of air waltz and two C-27J Spartan military transport aircraft demonstrated a near miss, flying in opposite directions less than 100 metres from each other.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria already Covered a Third of Ukraine's Arms Needs during the War?
- » Bulgarian Security Services: Up to 10,000 Euros per Person are the Migrant Trafficking Rates
- » Defense Ministry: Bulgaria has Not Exported T-72 Tanks, S-300, MiG-29 or Su-25 to Ukraine
- » Christo Grozev: There are Risks of Russian Sabotage Activity in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian General: All of our Su-25 Aircraft are Home, at Bezmer Airport
- » Migrants along Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey - 5 Times More than in 2021