MEPs to Hear Kristalina Georgieva on October 2
Kristalina Georgieva, the nominee to become EU Commission Vice President for Budget and Human Resources, will be questioned at the European Parliament on October 2, the EP press office has announced.
Georgieva will be facing questions from three EP committees, namely those responsible for budgets, budgetary controls and legal affairs.
Each hearing is expected to take three hours at least.
All EU Commissioner candidates are to be officially approved or rejected on October 22 on the Parliament's plenary session in Strasbourg.
The Commission take over from the outgoing executive body on November 1 if all members have been given the green light.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Must Present Clear-cut Plan to Close Coal-fueled Power Plants - European Commission
- » Bulgaria Has New Caretaker Government: What Lessons Can It Learn from Dutch?
- » EU Funds Fraud in Bulgaria Committed on Massive Scale
- » Bulgaria's Supreme Judicial Council Approves Six European Delegated Prosecutors
- » Eurobarometer: 85% of Bulgarians Support Linking EU Funds to the Rule of Law
- » EP Set to Guarantee Labor Mobility within EU, Ensure Fair Working Conditions for All