Migrant Remittances to Bulgaria Reach EUR 75.5M in July 2014
Remittances - money sent by Bulgarian migrants to family members back home reached EUR 75.5M in July 2014.
For comparison, the amount of foreign investments in Bulgaria for the same month was EUR 74M. A similar trend was observed in June. Then, Bulgarians abroad sent home some EUR 75.1M while investments were about EUR 61.6M, the preliminary data released by Bulgaria's National Bank shows.
For the first seven months of the year remittances came up to EUR 519.9M. The highest amount was recorded in May - EUR 85.2M. The worst month was January, when migrants sent home some EUR 62.8M, Darik news informs.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum brought Together over 300 Businesses and Organizations in Burgas
- » Bulgaria has Paid almost 400 Million Euros for the Import of Azeri Gas
- » Bulgarian-Turkish Business Forum opens Today in Burgas
- » Unfair Import of Millions of Eggs from Ukraine: Bulgarian Producers
- » Balchik- Increasingly Popular Destination on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Bulgaria approved a Derogation for the Purchase of Parts and Materials for the Kozloduy NPP from Russia