Bulgaria President, PM Commend Georgieva for EU Appointment
Kristalina Georgieva's promotion to the position of EU Commission Vice President for Budget and Human Resources shows the exceptional appreciation for her professionalism, President Plevneliev has said.
In a statement to the media, he has noted Georgieva had been conferred "one of the most important portfolios at the [European] Commission".
He has reminded her reputation her "indisputable" and has voiced his confidence that she will be "very useful to United Europe", with results of her work to gain recognition within the bloc and abroad.
Plevneliev has described the office Bulgaria received in the Commission as "a huge success" which will push the country's profile higher on the European scene and will deepen processes of integration.
Prime Minister Georgi Bliznashki has also commented on EU Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker's choice to pick Georgieva as one of the seven Vice Presidents, describing the event as "having surpassed all our expectations".
In Bliznashki's view, "being a Commissioner, she will work for the benefit of the EU as a whole, but as Bulgarians we cannot help rejoicing that she has been granted such recognition."
Bulgaria will "cooperate" so that Georgieva could carry out all her functions, the Prime Minister has pointed out.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Inflation Is Something Normal in Times of Economic Recovery
- » SANS and Interior Ministry Inspect Energy Watchdog
- » BNB Set to Restrict Mortgage Loans
- » Why Energy Prices Got out of Hand and Will it Get Even Worse?
- » Ministers and Businesses Gave Themselves 10 Days to Look for Solutions for the "Tourism" Sector
- » Heating Bills can Jump in Cost by a Double-Digit Percentage