Nikolai Kobliakov Released on Recognizance
Sofia City Court has released Russian-French businessman and activist Nikolai Kobliakov on recognizance.
Kobliakov was detained at the Sofia airport in end-July, after landing there from Paris.
He was freed from custody in a few days' time and was placed under house arrest a month later, on September 1.
Bulgarian magistrates now explained his criminal record within the period he had spent in the country was "immaculate" and it was rather unlikely that he would seek to foil the extradition requested by Russia in case the procedure is allowed by court.
Moscow authorities have demanded the extradition of Kobliakov, who is facing a trial in Russia over allegedly being part of a millions-worth scam with receivables of a French company.
Last week Kobliakov sought political asylum in Bulgaria.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Ruja Ignatova is in the Top 10 of the FBI's Most Wanted
- » After the First 13 - Three more Illegally Buried Bodies found near Bankya
- » Teenagers Attacked and Robbed a Postal Worker in Parvomai
- » Bulgaria: 16 Arrested in Smolyan region - Most of them were British Citizens
- » A Suspect of Terrorism has been Detained in Bulgaria at the Request of Norway
- » A Bulgarian is among the 10 Most Wanted Criminals in Spain