Bulgaria Busts Int'l Antiquities Trafficking Ring
The State Agency for National Security (DANS) has intercepted an international antiquities trafficking ring from Bulgaria to countries in Western Europe, US and Russia.
The special operation was conducted on August 21 under the supervision of the prosecuting authority, according to the press office of DANS.
During investigative activities at seven sites in the cities of Veliko Tarnovo and Shumen, the authorities seized over 130 ancient weapons, illegally-held ammunition for modern weapons, combat shotguns, WWII pistols in very good condition, a heavy machine gun with ammo, and one gold coin and over 100 ancient and medieval silver and bronze coins, and a large number of bronze antiques.
Some of the seized items had inventory numbers and the investigation is to shed light on their exact origins.
One person has been detained for 24 hours.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Commandos Arrested Bozhkov's Security Chief
- » Bulgarian of Syrian Descent Arrested in Bourgas for Terrorism
- » Bulgaria: Anti-Corruption Commission with Claims for BGN 140 Million Against Minyu and Stayko Staykovi
- » Bulgaria: Former Ministers Simeon Dyankov, Traicho Traikov and Businessman Prokopiev Acquitted in EVN Case
- » Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Geshev: Senior Officials Have Been Arrested in Anti-Drug Operations
- » Unregulated Contacts of President Radev’s Secretary with Businessman Plamen Bobokov