Ex Deputy Minister Blames Kostenets Blasts on Incompetent Management
Valentin Radev, former Deputy Defense Minister, has blamed Friday's explosion at the TEREM ammunitions plant in Kostenets on the ill-thought-out senior-level reshuffle.
Blasts at the ammunition disposal on Friday morning left ten people injured. The incident happened at around 8.40 am. Teams of doctors, investigators, police officers and firefighters were dispatched to the site. The authorities are working to determine the cause of the blast but fire safety experts have assured that there is no risk of new blasts.
"It is essential to understand what happened in the southern Bulgarian town of Kostenets. The good thing is that there are no victims. It is good news that there is no risk for the military barracks, which are in a valley. There is no chance of a transmission of a blast, etc," Radev said in a Friday interview for the Bulgarian National Radio.
He drew attention to the fact that he previous government had changed the director of the TEREM plant.
"It is important to note that what happened is the result of incompetent actions on the part the people at TEREM. The director of the plant, Marin Yordanov, an expert on ammunition, was dismissed by the previous government," Radev stated, adding that specialists in the sphere had opposed the step.
"The new director, who was appointed after the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) came to power, is an engineer and not an ammo expert," Radev suggested.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey: Huge Forest Fire in Marmaris
- » Bulgarian TV Crew Attacked in Serbia
- » Fire in the Train Sofia - Burgas, Passengers were Evacuated near Aytos
- » A Car Crashed into Crowd of People in Berlin, One Person was Killed
- » Bulgaria: 3 Dead after a Train hit a Truck in the Vidin region (UPDATED)
- » Macedonian Singer living in the US was the one who Set on Fire Bulgaria’s Cultural Center in Bitola