Russian Tour Operator "The Nordic Star" Declares Bankruptcy
Russian tour operator The Nordic Star has gone out of business.
The Nordic Star is the seventh Russian tour operator to terminate its activities since July.
The website of the company informs that it has gone bankrupt and that it is unable to fulfill its obligations to tourists, according to reports of ITAR-TASS.
The company makes it clear that it is insured and customers will be able to address the insurance company providing financial support to the tour operator.
Applications for compensation are to be filed by May 2015.
On August 5, travel agency IntAir went bankrupt, leaving 500 of its customers stranded abroad.
Shortly before that, Russian tour operator Labirint ceased its activity, leaving a large number of tourists stranded at their holiday destinations, including around 1500 Russian tourists at Bulgarian Black Sea resorts.
Four other Russian travel agencies went bankrupt over the past month, including Neva (July 6), Roza Vetrov Mir (July 25), Expo Tour (July 30).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The European Commission approved 77 Million Euros in State Aid for Areas with High Unemployment in Bulgaria
- » Iran has developed a Hypersonic Missile
- » Mike Pence will Run for US President in 2024
- » Day 468 of the Invasion of Ukraine: State of Emergency has been declared in Nova Kakhovka after the Explosion of the Dam Wall
- » Day 467 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Kyiv claims Ignorance of a possible Counteroffensive
- » Serbia: 68,000 Weapons were Handed Over to authorities