Russian Tour Operator "The Nordic Star" Declares Bankruptcy
Russian tour operator The Nordic Star has gone out of business.
The Nordic Star is the seventh Russian tour operator to terminate its activities since July.
The website of the company informs that it has gone bankrupt and that it is unable to fulfill its obligations to tourists, according to reports of ITAR-TASS.
The company makes it clear that it is insured and customers will be able to address the insurance company providing financial support to the tour operator.
Applications for compensation are to be filed by May 2015.
On August 5, travel agency IntAir went bankrupt, leaving 500 of its customers stranded abroad.
Shortly before that, Russian tour operator Labirint ceased its activity, leaving a large number of tourists stranded at their holiday destinations, including around 1500 Russian tourists at Bulgarian Black Sea resorts.
Four other Russian travel agencies went bankrupt over the past month, including Neva (July 6), Roza Vetrov Mir (July 25), Expo Tour (July 30).
- » The EU Council Endorsed Kövesi's Candidacy For Prosecutor General
- » Greece Banned Smoking in front of Children
- » China Takes Out 10,000 Tonnes of Frozen Pork from Its Strategic Reserves due to the Swine Fever
- » Jeremy Corbyn Promised a New Referendum on Brexit if he Comes to Power
- » Facebook Creates a Supervisory Authority
- » The European Parliament Supported a New Postponement of Brexit