Russian Tour Operator "The Nordic Star" Declares Bankruptcy
Russian tour operator The Nordic Star has gone out of business.
The Nordic Star is the seventh Russian tour operator to terminate its activities since July.
The website of the company informs that it has gone bankrupt and that it is unable to fulfill its obligations to tourists, according to reports of ITAR-TASS.
The company makes it clear that it is insured and customers will be able to address the insurance company providing financial support to the tour operator.
Applications for compensation are to be filed by May 2015.
On August 5, travel agency IntAir went bankrupt, leaving 500 of its customers stranded abroad.
Shortly before that, Russian tour operator Labirint ceased its activity, leaving a large number of tourists stranded at their holiday destinations, including around 1500 Russian tourists at Bulgarian Black Sea resorts.
Four other Russian travel agencies went bankrupt over the past month, including Neva (July 6), Roza Vetrov Mir (July 25), Expo Tour (July 30).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Turkey Detained Suspect over Forest Fires
- » Israel Starts with 3rd Booster Dose of Pfizer Vaccine
- » US Denied Bezos' Protests against Elon Musk Moon Deal with NASA for SpaceX
- » EU Overcomes US in Vaccination Race
- » Britain Lifts Quarantine for Vaccinated Travelers from Europe and the United States
- » Germany: Day after Huge Explosion in Leverkusen, 2 Dead, 4 Missing and Many Injured