Heavy Storm in Sofia Kills One, Causes Serious Damage
A tree crushed a man in the Borisova Gradina park in Sofia during the heavy storm with hailstorm and high winds, which hit the city on Tuesday afternoon, report the media.
According to the police, the victim is seemingly around 70 years old.
Two men were rescued from a car, crushed by a fallen tree in Pirotska street. Rescue teams are trying to take two people out from a car in similar situation in the Mladost district.
In various parts of Sofia the hailstones varied in size from walnut to golf balls and broke windows, windshields and damaged cars and roofs.
The flooding, caused by clogged storm drains, seriously disrupted traffic in various parts of Sofia. Some major intersections, such as Stochna Gara, are flooded and traffic is closed.
The fire service has received numerous complaints about flooded basements and ground floors, as well as underpasses.
Electricity in some parts of town has been briefly cut off, mobile phone networks also experienced problems.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Health Minister: For Now, a Full Lockdown in the Country is Not Necessary
- » British MP Stabbed in a Church
- » Bulgarian Police Broke Up a Network for Issuing Fake Vaccination Certificates
- » Bulgaria: Cost for a Seriously Sick Person with COVID-19 is Over BGN 3,500
- » Bulgarian Prof.: A Booster Dose is Given 6 Months after the Second
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Orange Code for Intensive Rainfall around the Country