Energy Minister Appointed Deputy Chair of Bulgarian Socialist Party
Economy and Energy Minister Dragomir Stoynev has been appointed member of the Executive Bureau of the Bulgarian Socialist Party (BSP) and Deputy Chair of the BSP National Council.
Stoynev’s nomination, backed by BSP leader Sergey Stanishev, was approved in a unanimous vote during Saturday’s plenary meeting of BSP, according to the press office of the party, as cited by Sega daily.
During the meeting, BSP also approved changes to its Executive Bureau panel.
Yavor Gechev was replaced by Veronika Delibaltova, leader of BSP-Youth, Anna Yaneva was replaced by Kaloyan Pargov and Atanas Merdzhanov, the newly elected Chair of the Coalition for Bulgaria parliamentary group, was also approved as a new member.
During Saturday’s meeting, BSP leader announced that the upcoming congress of the party on July 27 would include two major points on its agenda, including the election of a new Chair of BSP, and the approval of a platform for the early elections.
According to unconfirmed reports, Stanishev, who was BSP leader for 13 years, will not run for office again. Dragomir Stoynev has been cited as the most likely successor to Stanishev.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend