Georgi Markov: GERB will Win Majority in Early Elections
The center-right GERB party of Boyko Borisov will win a majority in the early parliamentary elections, ex-Constitutional Judge Georgi Markov believes.
"It is obvious that we are heading for early elections. Things will turn out so that the elections will be in the end of September or in October, and GERB would win at least 121 seats", Markov said for the daily Trud.
Bulgaria's Parliament is comprised of 240 MPs, which means Markov's prediction is that GERB would not need to form a coalition in order to form a government.
"These elections will be extraordinary for Bulgaria, and it is important that as many people vote as possible. There is talk from most political parties about mandatory voting. Yes, but we need to hear the voice of the people on this topic, through a referendum", Markov added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Too Many Spies: "Ungrateful Bulgaria" in the Eyes of Russian Media
- » Will There Be a Second Wave of Coronavirus Infections?
- » Russians Watch the American Protests as Clouds Gather at Home, Ilya Klishin
- » Emil Harsev: Volkswagen Has Not Given Up on Turkey
- » Opinion: Bulgaria Needs to Take a Position on Syria
- » Opinion: There Are Three Versions of the Turkish Operation in Northern Syria