Georgi Markov: GERB will Win Majority in Early Elections
The center-right GERB party of Boyko Borisov will win a majority in the early parliamentary elections, ex-Constitutional Judge Georgi Markov believes.
"It is obvious that we are heading for early elections. Things will turn out so that the elections will be in the end of September or in October, and GERB would win at least 121 seats", Markov said for the daily Trud.
Bulgaria's Parliament is comprised of 240 MPs, which means Markov's prediction is that GERB would not need to form a coalition in order to form a government.
"These elections will be extraordinary for Bulgaria, and it is important that as many people vote as possible. There is talk from most political parties about mandatory voting. Yes, but we need to hear the voice of the people on this topic, through a referendum", Markov added.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kosovo: Implementation of Brussels and Washington Agreements - Path to Enduring Peace and Long-term Stability
- » 10 World Events that marked the Year 2022
- » The Moral Cost of Christmas: Products that are Paying for the Invasion of Ukraine
- » The Мatch for Ukraine is decided between Washington and Moscow
- » Challenges of Energy Security in Europe: Can Algeria be an Alternative to Russia?
- » Iveta Cherneva: The Republicans will Win the Midterms – We will Witness Trump’s Return