Georgi Markov: GERB will Win Majority in Early Elections
The center-right GERB party of Boyko Borisov will win a majority in the early parliamentary elections, ex-Constitutional Judge Georgi Markov believes.
"It is obvious that we are heading for early elections. Things will turn out so that the elections will be in the end of September or in October, and GERB would win at least 121 seats", Markov said for the daily Trud.
Bulgaria's Parliament is comprised of 240 MPs, which means Markov's prediction is that GERB would not need to form a coalition in order to form a government.
"These elections will be extraordinary for Bulgaria, and it is important that as many people vote as possible. There is talk from most political parties about mandatory voting. Yes, but we need to hear the voice of the people on this topic, through a referendum", Markov added.
- » Bulgaria's Pig Problems Lie Buried
- » Is there a Global Economic Crisis Coming?
- » Petr Kellner Missed Out On Nova Television, But Now He Is After bTV
- » Kristalina Georgieva - an Ideal Candidate for the International Monetary Fund but the Path to Election will not be Easy
- » Mother, Wife, Draft Animal: The Woman in Eastern Europe
- » Experts: Reactors at Bulgarian Kozloduy NPP are better Protected than Chernobyl