Europe Is Responsible for Ukraine Crisis – Marine Le Pen
Marine Le Pen , leader of France's far-right National Front party, has argued that Europe is responsible for the events in Ukraine.
In an interview for Germany weekly Der Spiegel, she expresses support for the federalization of Ukraine, adding that the European Union exacerbated the difficult situation by offering partnership to a country which had half of its population looking eastward.
She insists that Europe is showing Russia in an unfavorable light to please the United States, stressing that Europeans must uphold their opinions.
Marine Le Pen, as cited by The Voice of Russia, claims that Americans are seeking to expand their sphere of influence on a global scale, most of all in Europe, thereby pursuing their own interests.
The leader of the French far-right party expresses "a certain admiration" for Russian President Vladimir Putin due to his refusal to let other countries impose their decisions on him.
She states that the Russian President's first concern is Russia's interests.
"In this respect I have the same respect for Putin as for Mrs Merkel ," she declares.
She accuses Merkel of conducting a policy which is beneficial for Germany but injurious to all other countries.
Marine Le Pen claims that the German Chancellor has assumed that one can implement policies against the people, adding that this will cause the EU to explode.
She also urges Merkel to take a closer look at the damage caused by her austerity policies in Europe.
On May 25, France's far-right National Front party won the European Parliament elections in the country with a share of nearly 25%.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Roberta Metsola on Bulgaria’s Schengen membership: Expect a Positive Decision
- » UN Head warned of the Start of a New Nuclear Arms Race, calling it "Complete Madness”
- » The Dead after the Explosion in a Fuel Warehouse in Nagorno-Karabakh are 125 people
- » Romania to buy 32 new F-35 Fighter Jets
- » Day 580 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Russia hits Izmail
- » More than 200 people were Injured in an Explosion at a Gas Station in Nagorno-Karabakh