Europe Is Responsible for Ukraine Crisis – Marine Le Pen
Marine Le Pen , leader of France's far-right National Front party, has argued that Europe is responsible for the events in Ukraine.
In an interview for Germany weekly Der Spiegel, she expresses support for the federalization of Ukraine, adding that the European Union exacerbated the difficult situation by offering partnership to a country which had half of its population looking eastward.
She insists that Europe is showing Russia in an unfavorable light to please the United States, stressing that Europeans must uphold their opinions.
Marine Le Pen, as cited by The Voice of Russia, claims that Americans are seeking to expand their sphere of influence on a global scale, most of all in Europe, thereby pursuing their own interests.
The leader of the French far-right party expresses "a certain admiration" for Russian President Vladimir Putin due to his refusal to let other countries impose their decisions on him.
She states that the Russian President's first concern is Russia's interests.
"In this respect I have the same respect for Putin as for Mrs Merkel ," she declares.
She accuses Merkel of conducting a policy which is beneficial for Germany but injurious to all other countries.
Marine Le Pen claims that the German Chancellor has assumed that one can implement policies against the people, adding that this will cause the EU to explode.
She also urges Merkel to take a closer look at the damage caused by her austerity policies in Europe.
On May 25, France's far-right National Front party won the European Parliament elections in the country with a share of nearly 25%.
- » Boris Johnson: UK Will Leave the EU even if the Agreement Is Rejected
- » Erdogan Threatens to Continue the Offensive in Syria if the Terms of the Peace Agreement Are not Fully Fulfilled
- » A Man Disguised as Boris Johnson Tried to Climb Big Ben
- » New York Approved the Notorious Rikers Prison to Be Closed
- » Christine Lagarde Was Endorsed by EU Leaders as the Next ECB President
- » Three Countries Blocked Skopje and Tirana from Starting Accession Negotiations with the EU