Bulgartransgaz to Build 3 Gas Pipelines with EU Funding
Bulgartransgaz has received EU funding from the the Kozloduy International Decommissioning Support Fund (KIDSF) for the construction of 3 gas pipelines.
The grant agreement between the Bulgarian state-owned gas transmission operator and the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) envisages the construction of three gas pipelines with automatic gas regulation stations (AGRS) to Svishtov, Panagyurishte, Pirdop, Bansko and Razlog, according to a media statement of the company.
The three projects are to cost EUR 21.79 M, with EUR 11 M in grant funds from the KIDSF and EUR 10.79 M in funding provided by Bulgartransgaz.
The projects will give some 104 thousand residents of 12 municipalities access to gas supplies.
The total annual consumption of the 12 Bulgarian municipalities could reach 183 million cubic meters of gas.
The gas pipelines are to benefit 42 industrial consumers, about 300 public consumers and about 18 900 households.
The three new gas pipeline branches are to be completed by 2016.
The construction of the three gas pipelines is to create 500 temporary jobs, with 100 permanent jobs to be opened after their completion.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » TPP ContourGlobal Maritsa 3 produced over 12% of the Electricity in Bulgaria in 2022
- » Bulgaria allowed the Export to Ukraine of Petroleum Products obtained from Russian Crude Oil
- » Bulgargaz offers a Gas Price of BGN 124.35/MWh for February
- » The Construction of the Bulgarian Route of the Gas Connection with Serbia has Started
- » Construction of the Bulgaria-Serbia Gas Connection will begin on February 1
- » Bulgaria: Gas is Expected to be nearly 30% Cheaper in February, Heating and Electricity will Not Increase in price