Bulgarians Own 340 000 Legal Firearms
Nearly 212 000 Bulgarian citizens have gun permits, said Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov.
The total number of registered firearms is 340 000 units, shows the checkup, following the incident with the mentally unstable man in Lyaskovets who killed one police officer during the operation for disarming him.
Tsatsarov said he was expecting a considerable number of firearms, but the figures were nevertheless staggering. According to him, this army of armed civilians could easily compete with the country's armed forces.
The checkup found that around 110 gun permits have expired, but their holders have not handed over their firearms. The authorities have started procedures for taking them away.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Minister of Health: Bulgaria Ranks 8th in Mortality from COVID-19 in Europe
- » Mass Inspections for Wearing Masks in Public Transport in Bulgaria
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Summer Returns on Weekends, Temp Up to 30 Degrees
- » Protests in Bulgaria: Main Topic - Report of the European Commission on the Rule of Law
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 286 Newly Registered Cases, 12 Died
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Health Introduces Three New Orders for the Emergency Epidemic Situation