Bulgarians Own 340 000 Legal Firearms
Nearly 212 000 Bulgarian citizens have gun permits, said Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov.
The total number of registered firearms is 340 000 units, shows the checkup, following the incident with the mentally unstable man in Lyaskovets who killed one police officer during the operation for disarming him.
Tsatsarov said he was expecting a considerable number of firearms, but the figures were nevertheless staggering. According to him, this army of armed civilians could easily compete with the country's armed forces.
The checkup found that around 110 gun permits have expired, but their holders have not handed over their firearms. The authorities have started procedures for taking them away.
- » Cheaper Roaming for the Countries of the Western Balkans
- » Dual Food Quality: 9% of Food Products Are with the Same Packages but Different Content
- » Europe is Threatened by Temperature Records
- » A Bulgarian Opened Four Bulgarian Schools in Spain
- » Code Orange Warning For Heavy Rain For 4 regions in Bulgaria
- » Human Error is One of the Possible Causes of Fire in the TPP Maritsa East 2