Antique Coins Uncovered During Sofia Road Construction
A set of golden antique coins have been uncovered during the road construction work at Sofia's Maria Luisa and Slinvitsa boulevards, by Luvov Most (Lion's Bridge).
The coins will be given to the Sofia History Museum, the director of the Municipal Cultural Institute revealed for Focus agency.
For the time being, archaeologists will not be allowed to conduct further excavations, since the site poses a risk for their lives. This can happen only after a special commission analyzes the site and drafts a report.
The trestlework at the intersecting boulevards is also temporarily stopped.
- » Ancient Roman Statue Found in Heraclea Sintica, Bulgaria (Video)
- » Remnants of ancient fortress found underwater off Bulgaria’s coast
- » Veliko Tarnovo Museum of History: Treasure Hunters do not Realise they are Destroying Invaluable Cultural Layers
- » Bulgaria to Host Second International Congress on World Civilisations and Historic Routes
- » Dobrich: First International Team of Archaeologists Exploring Zaldapa Fortress near Krushari
- » Archaeologists Discovered a Late Antique Tomb with Murals in Sofia