Berdych Defeats Dimitrov in Madrid Masters
Tomas Berdych beat Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov by 2-1 sets (3:6, 6:3, 6:2) in the third round of the Madrid Masters.
The match started ideally for Dimitrov, who grabbed the first set, showing some of his best shots, while his opponent was looking shaky.
The second set was evenly contested until the middle. From there on however, the 196cm tall Czech proved his experience and why he is ranked 6th in the world. After the break for 4:2, Berdych cruised on to win the set.
Dimitrov's game dropped even more in the third set, making a number of unforced errors and allowing his opponent to take a 4:0 lead. The match finished in 1 hour and 49 minutes and Berdych qualified for the quarterfinals.
The good news for the Bulgarian is that he was able to defend his points from last year's tournament, which means he would most likely be able to keep his 14th position in the ATP ranking. His next tournament will be the Masters in Rome, starting next week.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria