Bulgaria's Varna Hosts Black Sea Tall Ships Regatta
The city of Varna, also known as Bulgaria's sea capital, is for the second time host to the SCF Black Sea Tall Ships Regatta, a renowned maritime contest which started April 30.
Black Sea Tall Ships Regatta, the world's top sailing-boat race was also held in Varna in 2010, but now it will be the first time when the whole competition will be carried out within Black Sea waters.
This year, it will include the ports of Varna, Russia's Sochi and Novorosiisk, and Romania's Constanta.
Some of the ships have already spent a few days in Varna and for that period were open to the public.
A number of concerts and sports events have been scheduled as part of celebrations around the boat race.
On May 3, the last day of the Regatta, a Parade of Sails will take place near Varna's coast, as the 25 ships from ten countries which participate in the race will sail close to the shore in a show-off of beauty.
The Tall Ships Regatta started in 1956 to promote communication between young people from around the world. Since that it has become a traditional event involving vessels from Europe and other continents.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » A Premier League Betting Overview for 2022/2023
- » Sports Betting with Betway
- » All of the EU except Bulgaria and Hungary Demand the Expulsion of Russia from World Sports
- » The Biggest Horse Racing Countries in Europe
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside