Sliven Tops Income Inequality in Bulgaria
Sliven is the Bulgarian city with a highest income disparity, while Blagoevgrad is with the lowest according to a study of the Institute for Market Economics.
The indicator measuring the gap between the richest and poorest 20% of the population in Sliven is 12.6. It is followed by Pazardzhik - 11.6, and Vidin – 10.8. The average indicator for the country is 6.
The lowest income disparity is in Blagoevgrad – 3.5, followed by the capital Sofia – 3.8. Gabrovo and Kurdzhali also maintain fairly low levels of inequality – 4.0.
Similarly, Vidin and Sliven are the cities with the highest share of citizens living under the poverty line, while the lowest is in Sofia, Blagoevgrad and Lovech.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 663 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgaria: An Accident with 3 Deaths closed a Section of the Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo Road
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1566 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » How to keep our Medics in Bulgaria? Young Female Doctor Beaten Up by Parents of a Patient
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 1496 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Bulgarian Prof.: Protection is Insufficient from a Vaccine Administered more than 10 Months ago and from an Infection 1 Year ago