Bulgarian Parliament to Mark 135th Anniversary of Tarnovo Constitution
Bulgaria's Parliament will hold a ceremonial sitting to mark the 135th anniversary of the adoption of the Tarnovo Constitution.
The Tarnovo Constitution was Bulgaria's first Constitution. It was adopted on April 16, 1879 by the Constituent National Assembly held in the city of Veliko Tarnovo. It remained in effect until December 4, 1947, with amendments in 1893 and 1911.
Wednesday's sitting, scheduled to start at 10 am, will be attended by Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski, and ministers.
Parliament Speaker Mihail Mikov and representatives of the four parties represented in Parliament will deliver speeches.
After the end of the sitting, which will be aired live by the Bulgarian National Television and the Bulgarian National Radio, the MPs will gather for a photo at the entrance of the Parliament building.
Wednesday's sitting is the last one before the Easter parliament recess which ends on April 29.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend