Bulgaria PM to Back Ukraine's Territorial Integrity at EU Summit
Bulgarian Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski believes that the International Monetary Fund (IMF) should have a leading role in the solution of Ukraine's financial problems.
Oresharski told journalists in Brussels that the EUR 11 B financial package proposed by the EU was sufficient at this stage.
Speaking prior to an extraordinary summit of EU leaders on Ukraine, he emphasized that Bulgaria had repeatedly expressed its support for the territorial integrity of Ukraine and had opposed any invasion on the country's territory.
Bulgaria's Prime Minister, as cited by the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency (BTA), claimed that the new Ukrainian government had to be as cooperative as possible and to seek to unite all citizens of Ukraine regardless of their language or other belonging, thereby defusing tensions.
Oresharski expressed optimism that the EU would manage to reach agreement on Ukraine.
"I expect a declaration in support of Ukraine's territorial integrity and measures aimed at de-escalating tensions," Bulgaria's Prime Minister declared.
He underscored the importance of the EU achieving a unified stance on the crisis in Ukraine.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » BSMEPA and BDB will host the 17th annual meeting of INSME in Sofia on December 9-10
- » Switzerland has introduced a Mandatory PCR Test Requirement upon Entry
- » Bulgarian Tour Operators are Reporting Increased Interest in Charter Programs for the Holidays
- » US has Introduced Mandatory COVID-19 Negative Test Requirement for those Arriving by Plane
- » Kristalina Georgieva: Omicron could Slow Down the Pace of Global Economic Recovery
- » “The Bulgarian Davos” Event will take place on December 14