IMF Ready to Help Ukraine
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is ready to provide financial assistance to Ukraine.
The IMF's Chief Christine Lagarde said during a G20 meeting in Sydney, that if Ukraine applied for financial and economic help, the Fund would be ready to provide it.
Despite moving towards a policy of economic sanctions, the European Union has also suggested on various occasions that it is willing to assist Ukraine, should a reform-minded cabinet be formed.
The former Soviet republic is in a deep financial crisis and high in foreign debt. The recent violent events in the capital Kiev have added to the fears of default, as Standard & Poor's downgraded the country's financial rating earlier this week.
- » Germany Spent a Record € 23 Billion on Refugee Integration and Prevention of Migration
- » The EU Takes Measures to Combat Forest Fires
- » Serbia Introduces Life Imprisonment for The Worst Crimes
- » Eiffel Tower Evacuated. Find Out Why?
- » Google revoked Huawei’s Android license: The Official Huawei Statement
- » Theresa May Begins the Talks With Her Ministers on The Details of the Promised "Bold Offer" for Brexit