Two Climbers Seriously Injured in Bulgaria's Pirin Mountain
Two climbers have been injured after falling off a cliff in Bulgaria's Pirin mountain.
The signal for the incident was received at 4.20 pm, Monday, BGNES News Agency informed.
According to the preliminary information, the two climbers fell while climbing near Vihren peak (2914 m.). One of them, a 14-year-old boy who was climbing with his father, is critically injured.
A team of the Mountain Rescue Service (MRS) will help for the transportation of the injured to the mountain resort of Bansko.
The MRS refused to provide information on the incident until the rescue operation is over.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Yellow Code for Strong Winds in Three Regions
- » Nearly 2,000 infected with COVID-19 in Romania
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny and Hot on the First Day of Autumn
- » Bulgaria: Helicopter Crash with One Dead
- » Today marks 115 Years since Bulgaria’s Independence