Former FM Solomon Passy: EC Report on Bulgaria Disastrous
The latest European Commission monitoring report on Bulgaria is disastrous, according to Bulgaria's former Foreign Minister Solomon Passy.
The report under the Cooperation and Verification Mechanism shows Bulgaria is heading for catastrophe, said the President of the Atlantic Club of Bulgaria for Bulgaria On Air TV station.
"I say this with great sadness because when the overall monitoring mechanism was negotiated in 2005-2007, we expected that it would remain in force for two to three years," Passy expained.
"Now Bulgaria is facing 5-6 more years of monitoring and 5-10 years until Schengen area admission. These two matters are very much interconnected, "said the former Foreign Minister.
Solomon Passy is categorical that responsibility should be taken personally, rather than abstractly.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov
- » EC Opens Infringement Proceedings against 19 EU Member States, Including Bulgaria