Bear Attack on Livestock Registered in Bulgaria
A bear has broken into a cattle pen and killed a calf near a village in the mountainous Smolyan region of southern Bulgaria.
The attack occured on New Year's eve near the village of Koshnitsa in the Rhodope Mountains, reported the Bulgarian National Radio Thursday.
The bear broke into an electrically protected cattle pen, housing 20 cows and calves, killing a 1 year old 250 kg calf.
The owner stands for compensation from Bulgarian environmental authorities.
- » 6,000 sq m of Low Forest Vegetation Burned Down near Skala Village
- » Weather Forecast: Maximum Temperatures between 17C and 22C
- » On Sunday, March 29, Bulgarians will Move to the Daylight Saving Time
- » The 2020 Earth Hour will be Marked Online due the Covid-19 Pandemic
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Cloudy
- » Code Yellow Warning for Rough Seas