Arsenal Move in for Bulgaria’s Berbatov - Report
English Premier League leaders Arsenal are believed to be preparing a GBP 2 M offer for Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.
Arsenal, who are 1 point ahead of Manchester City, are faced with a list of injuries, including strikers Niklas Bendtner and Olivier Giroud.
In desperate need of another goal scorer, coach Arsene Wenger is said to be pondering an offer for the experienced Bulgarian, who has previously played for Tottenham and Manchester United, reports the Sun.
Berbatov joined Fulham in 2012. He has since played 48 games for the London team and scored 19 goals. However, it was widely rumoured in recent months that he is not happy at Craven Cottage and will be looking for a transfer in January.
Fulham are currently 16th in the league, and this season looks like it will be a battle for survival.
Recent reports also linked Berbatov with a move to Turkish teams Galatasaray, Besiktas, and Trabzonspor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Former Football Star Berbatov Official Candidate for President of Bulgarian Football Union
- » Special Bets from Palms Bet - How to Bet on Duels and Specials?
- » Football: First Victory for Bulgaria in 2022 World Cup Qualifications
- » Sofia to become "World Capital of Sport" for 2024
- » Russia May apply for Hosting Olympic Games in 2036
- » Bulgaria’s National Football Team took a Point against the European Champion