Arsenal Move in for Bulgaria’s Berbatov - Report
English Premier League leaders Arsenal are believed to be preparing a GBP 2 M offer for Fulham’s Bulgarian striker Dimitar Berbatov.
Arsenal, who are 1 point ahead of Manchester City, are faced with a list of injuries, including strikers Niklas Bendtner and Olivier Giroud.
In desperate need of another goal scorer, coach Arsene Wenger is said to be pondering an offer for the experienced Bulgarian, who has previously played for Tottenham and Manchester United, reports the Sun.
Berbatov joined Fulham in 2012. He has since played 48 games for the London team and scored 19 goals. However, it was widely rumoured in recent months that he is not happy at Craven Cottage and will be looking for a transfer in January.
Fulham are currently 16th in the league, and this season looks like it will be a battle for survival.
Recent reports also linked Berbatov with a move to Turkish teams Galatasaray, Besiktas, and Trabzonspor.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 10,000 Spectators Allowed at Tokyo Olympics Events
- » Danish Football Star Eriksen to Have Heart Surgery and ‘heart-starter’ Implanted
- » Bulgaria’s Golden Girls Shine Bright at EChVarna 2021
- » Euro 2020 Begins in Rome with Emphatic Ceremony
- » Euro 2020 Starts off in Rome Today, Italy Hosts Turkey in First Match
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:3 to World Champion France in Paris