Bulgaria's Parliament Decides on Easing Smoking Ban
Тhe Bulgarian Parliament is expected to put to the vote on Thursday the proposal for amendments to the full smoking ban.
Ruling Socialist-party (BSP) MPs who have drafted the amendments to the Health Act, hope they will be passed by the end of the year.
Even within the ranks of the BSP, there are different opinions on the topic, and MPs are likely to vote according to their internal preferences. The same will apply for the coalition partner Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS).
The opposition GERB party are expected to vote against the amendments.
The Parliamentary Health Committee is against the amendments, however, the Economic Committee backs easing the full smoking ban.
The full smoking ban was introduced in June 2012 by the GERB government of former Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 86 Newly Registered Cases. 4506 Acive Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 189 Newly Registered Cases in 6042 PCR Tests
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 154 New Cases, 10 Death
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 174 Newly Registered Cases, 4410 Active Cases
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 155 Newly Registered Cases, 18 216 Total
- » Over 300 Volunteers Get Russian COVID-19 Vaccine