Project for New National Stadium in Sofia to Gain Pace in 2014
Bulgarian Sports Minister Mariana Georgieva has said that more details about the project for a new national stadium will be available in early 2014.
In a Friday interview for the Bulgarian National Television (BNT), she claimed that the most likely scenario at the current stage involved a plot near the Arena Armeets Sofia sports hall, adding that other sites were also being considered.
She assured that the plan to build a new national stadium had not been discarded.
Georgieva, as cited by mediapool.bg, said that project financing for the scheme would start in 2014, adding that proposals for public-private partnership were also being considered.
Regarding the decision of the state to allocate funding to only 20, instead of 83 sports, she pointed out that the aim was to consolidate public resources instead of distributing them among a wide range of activities.
"It is not me who decides which sports will be funded," she declared, adding that the other sports had not been conclusively crossed off the list and that there were other funding options apart from state money.
She vowed that 2014 would be a good year for Bulgarian sport, adding funding would be allocated to elite athletes and top coaches as a priority.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Boxer Kubrat Pulev convincingly Defeated Jerry Forest
- » Dimitrov Double Dips Stateside
- » For the First Time: Bulgarian Baseball Player with a Professional Contract in the USA
- » Here is How to Download the Betway Mobile apps for Android and iOS for Bulgaria
- » Four Betway bonuses that made this brand among the best in Bulgaria
- » Five things you need to know before playing free casino games online