Bulgaria to Receive EUR 6.9 M for Refugees
Bulgaria’s State Agency for Refugees (DAB) will receive EUR 6 910 000 in the coming days from the European Union.
The sum is for a program period of 6 months, starting November 1, and will cover the needs of 2 400 refugees, revealed DAB head Nikolay Chirpanliev, reports Standartnews.
Another EUR 1 M of aid is expected to come from the Czech Republic. The money will be used for employing additional medical staff in the refugee centers and ordering more ambulances.
Chirpanliev ruled out the option of building tent camps for the moment, calling them “a last resort measure”.
The agency head assured that all asylum seekers can rely on adequate accommodation and heating for the coming winter months.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Defense Minister thinks there was an Explosion on Board Prigozhin’s Plane
- » EC is Preparing Criminal Proceedings against Bulgaria for Accessing Data from Criminal Record Certificates
- » The European Commission Started an Evaluation of the Bulgarian Recovery Plan
- » Nearly 60% of Bulgarians are Skeptical about Adopting the Euro
- » Bulgaria Is Late to Explain Its Position on N.Macedonia Says Diplomat
- » New German Government and Old Bulgarian "bad boy" Borissov