Bulgarian Stockbreeder Arrested During Protest March
The highway blockade of the Bulgarian livestock breeders was temporarily stopped by the police, and one man was arrested.
The stockbreeders began their protest blockade from the Trud village near Plovdiv, and followed with a march to the capital Sofia, to demand the remaining amount of their government subsidies.
Around the 133rd kilometer of the Trakia Highway, police forces pulled aside the column of cars involved in the march. One man, who resisted the attempts of the authorities to break up the march was arrested.
The son of the arrested stockbreeder complained that the policemen had acted arrogantly and insultingly towards his father.
By October 20, the stockbreeders were to obtain 70% of the subsidies and by the end of January the remaining amount, but as of the moment, they have received about 40% of the money.
Grain producers who insist on BGN 230 M in subsidies are also preparing for protests and threaten to block roads.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: "Sofia Pride 2023" will be held on June 17
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 81 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Sunny in the East with Rain Showers in the West
- » Today Bulgarians honor Hristo Botev and the Heroes who Died for Freedom - Sirens to be Sound at Noon
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 77 New Cases
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Mostly Sunny, Rain expected in the Afternoon