Bulgarian Police Checks Migrants after Young Girl Stabbing
Bulgarian police have conducted an operation in capital Sofia against foreign nationals with suspect activities after the Friday night stabbing of a young girl.
Police have checked 59 persons, who have been questioned, and detained 13 of them, who could not present proper IDs.
The 20-year-old girl was stabbed repeatedly by an attacker who then robbed the 24-h shop she was working at.
She is fighting for her life in Pirogov emergency hospital.
The violent incident has already sparked a xenophobic reaction, with nationalist party VMRO calling a rally Sunday.
Nationalists Ataka, who are represented in the current Bulgarian Parliament, have also spoken up against foreign migrants to Bulgaria.
Sunday around noon some dozens of Ataka supporters gathered in protest in front of the Ministry of Interior in central Sofia.
The separate VMRO march is to walk along Vitosha Blvd.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Car with 17 Migrants collided with a Taxi in Sofia
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 311 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Dangerously Windy today as well
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: Jump in Cases - 445 in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Even Windier Today
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 39 New Cases in the Last 24 hours